Top 5 Questions to Ask a Prospective Attorney
1) How often will you hear from your attorney?
2) What are the different phases of litigation?
3) What is the expected length of litigation?
4) What are my responsibilities as a plaintiff?
5) What facts need to be established in order to prevail?
10 Biggest Mistakes People Make When Hiring an Attorney to Represent Them
1) Choosing the wrong attorney from an unknown source.
2) Trying to negotiate with an insurance company without professional representation.
3) Giving a statement to an insurance company before consulting with an experienced attorney.
4) Waiting too long to speak with an attorney after one sustains an injury.
5) Having unrealistic expectations as to the length of litigation or the ultimate outcome.
6) Not being entirely truthful with your attorney at the initial interview and thereafter.
7) Not keeping attorneys immediately informed about any changes in your medical condition.
8) Failure to inform your attorney when you are out of state, or unavailable.
9) Not keeping personal contact information up to date.
10) Not keeping attorneys informed as to life cycle changes in the family such as: death, divorce, extended illness.
Don’t wonder about your rights!